Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 03:47 PM)
Peejay2774
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Samsung Galaxy watch for and the battery will not last a day. The question is is the watch worth getting the battery replaced or not? I don't know what the value of the watch is and the watch is in perfect condition no scratches it's in good condition. So I'm just looking to see if it's in the best interest to replace the battery and the S4 watch or go ahead and buy a new one there's nothing wrong with my watch appearance-wise function wise except the battery.
12 Replies
polymatrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi Peejay,
Ultimately you'll have to decide if getting a newer watch is the right choice for you. Samsung promised 4 years of security updates from the time it was released in February of 2022, so you've got a little under a year and a half left or so for software support. If you plan on giving the watch for that whole time, you may want to look at the cost of getting a battery replacement. I don't know what Samsung's prices are but you can check local partners, just make sure they use quality parts. Preferably parts provided by Samsung.

I know you can get pretty good deals on used watches if you look at various places online. And you can sometimes find really good sales deals from a third party sellers or auction sites like eBay. So I would say do some comparative shopping to find out your best bet. The Galaxy watch FE for example, which I just purchased a couple weeks ago, is going to get several more years of updates but it is effectively the same internals as the watch 4.
Peejay2774
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the input. I'm going to look into FE Whatch which I know nothing about. You said it's just as good as the 4 I'm happy with the features it's has.
polymatrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The internals of the FE are literally the same as the W4 (40 mm version). Externally, bezels are a little thicker, and you have a single size option (40mm) but some additional sensors that allow it to share some of the features of the Watch 6.
Peejay2774
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the info
Members_EK1Uw6q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
How I charge my watch
0 Likes
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wear it and spin around šŸ¤Ŗ
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have the Watch4, and have just gotten used to giving it a charge in the morning and then a recharge in the afternoon when I get home from work. That way it lasts through the evening for sleep tracking. I don't think even when it was brand new that I got a full day out of it, and I don't use it for much except notifications and tracking my walks (usually less than an hour) or my break / lunch timer when working.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
Peejay2774
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I really only use my for notifications and track my sleep. I was told you should be able to get at least 2-3 with normal use and I'm probably only using 30 percent of what the Whatch can do.
0 Likes
polymatrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
With my FE it'll last a little longer than a day, but only if I have the Always On Display feature off. The SOC in it (the same as the Watch 4 and 5) is a few years old & not the most power efficient. It's not bad, it's just not bleeding edge.