Original topic:

Samsung! We Need Our Own Samsung Health Community.

(Topic created: 07-24-2024 12:02 PM)
Megistic
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
One thing I loved about Fitbit is the Fitbit community, where users post their exercise, fitness, and wellness tips, menus, and general health and wellness topics. They also had a friends group where Fitbit users (not necessarily people you know; you didnā€™t need to sync your contacts to have friends) could find and add you as friends. In the friends part of the app, under the fitbit community, you could see the leaderboard, showing the person in your friends group with the highest steps. This made it very competitive, as we wanted to be at least, in the top 3.

They also had different challenges, like workday or weekend warrior challenges, where friends could create and add their Fitbit friends to join the challenge. Even though we all had different time zones, it accommodated everyone. It allowed the challenges to end at the everybody's time zone, so everybody had the same amount of time to complete the challenge. The winner is announced and placed at the top of the list. It showed real-time progress of what each person in the challenge is doing. It notified you if a participant had overtaken another participant(s) or if a participant was catching up to another participant(s). This made the app fun.

There were also other challenges like Fitbit Bingo, which was made like bingo with different tiles or patterns. You picked a particular pattern and then added friends from your friend group to compete. You had to walk a certain number of steps to flip a tile and earn points. Some of the tiles you flipped could give you points to flip other tiles without taking a step. The first person to flip the tiles to make the pattern won. Sometimes the pattern could be a rocket, an animal, etc. The thing is, it made it fun to play while we move. The competition gave participants a certain number of days to complete. Even if there was a winner on day one, the competition didnā€™t end until the last day.

I would love for Samsung to introduce things like that to the Samsung Health app so people can have fun while they are active. I know we already have a Samsung community, but we need a different community in the health app to help keep us active. This will push us to keep moving to earn trophies and badges. There were lots of fun challenges we could do to keep us active.

A lot of us left Fitbit because Google took away those things that made us love fitbit.
4 Replies
sullins
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is an awesome idea!
Megistic
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you. I hope Samsung sees it
0 Likes
sullins
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah, same
Megistic
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Let see how it goes. They listened when we asked them we needed a square watch face, and they gave watch 7 ultra.
0 Likes