(Topic created: a month ago)
JPF_321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch 6 Classic - LTE
S21 Ultra
Google Fi mobile plan

Going back to Dec 2023, I sometimes get calls which are only directed to my Watch, even though my phone is sitting there right nearby. In addition, these calls do not ring on my computer as a normal "friends and family" Google Fi call would.

The calls show up only in the call logs on the Watch and the call logs shows a little "watch icon" (see screenshots)

1) What does the little watch icon mean?
2) Why would some calls, which seem to come specifically from robocallers or scammers, be directed at only the Watch and not my other devices with the same inbound number?

I have just finished chats with Google Fi where I have reset the watch, reinstalled the mobile plan, and they have "refreshed the eSim" from their side .. I will say that resetting and reinstalling the mobile plan did not help since I rec'd a scam call just moments after that process .. When I chatted them back, then they refreshed the esim on their side .. perhaps that will help solve this "problem".

Of course, I'm glad the scammers aren't calling my phone too, but i'd like to keep them off my watch as well if I can.

Thanks

20240814_114928.jpg20240814_114939.jpg20240814_115445.jpg20240814_115514.jpg20240814_115540.jpg

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello JPF_321, Welcome to the Community. We know how frustrating spam calls are.

LTE watches are set up with the service providers under a separate phone number from your phone. This is most likely why the calls are going to the watch and not the phone.

The only option available on the watch is to block the number. Open the Phone app on the Watch>Select the number>Scroll down and tap Block number.

As the providers are responsible for incoming and outgoing calls for all devices, you will need to continue working with Google Fi for options to block the calls.

You can also use the following link for information on how to report these unwanted calls: https://consumer.ftc.gov/unwanted-calls-emails-and-texts/unwanted-calls

0 Likes