JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sleep data COMPLETELY wrong and contradictory!

(Topic created: 07-17-2022 06:24 PM)
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Look at screenshot and specifically SLEEP STAGES vs TOTAL SLEEP (does NOT add up). I clearly did not just have 1:40 mins 'Actual Sleep Time'. It's annoying enough that it ONLY tracks the 'in bed time' on the weekly chart, but on top of it it shows a completely inaccurate actual sleep time (see bottom of image) when you are up for an extended period of time during the night. 

Screenshot_20220712-190922_Samsung Health~2.jpg

 

Screenshot_20220712-193125_Samsung Health.jpg

It is totally blocking out the first half of the night. It's even grayed out. When the awake time is not as long it does a fine job recording the whole night.

17 Replies
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
...and it's fine that at some point it stops recording if the awake time is too long, but it should still track it somewhere, but it doesn't. I am interested in my 'actual sleep time' every day and I can't get that. It's the only information that matters.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It would be the total times for REM, light sleep, and deep sleep.

As in your example above: 1 hour and 40 minutes less 9 minutes awake time.
0 Likes
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
That would be great if that was my actual sleep time. But during that first 4-Hour block that you see in the pie, it recorded nothing. It's grayed out - it's not in the day before, it's not in the day after - it's just nowhere. I probably ACTUALLY slept about 3 hours during that time and it normally records my "actual sleep time" quite correctly... The ACTUAL sleep time for the blue parts of the pie should be somewhere around 4.5 hours. It's totally and completely wrong.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Your sleep data is not wrong.  It is showing two different sleep cycles and it shows the sleep time for each different cycle. If you go to the wear app, in the sleep tracking, you can delete the erroneous sleep segment by clicking on the 3 dots on the upper right, choose delete, and then choose the time sequence you want to delete. You can also switch from one sleep cycle to the other by clicking on the cycle you want with your finger. The sleep counter does show the total time among all sleep cycles, but does also show each sleep cycle individually.

The watch tracks sleep by your heart, respiration and pulse rate, so it may think you are asleep when you are not: such as lying on the couch, or watching TV, or reading a book, or any time you are at rest when these bodily functions slow down.

You have to recognize that these sensors only approximate what it believes are sleep cycles based on that specific criteria. The sensors are not inside your brain, which would be the only true way to tell whether you are asleep and what phase of sleep you are in.

So, if you weren't actually sleeping during that specific 1:40, delete it. If you were actually dozing or napping, then it's all fine. If that time during the "gap" you were in bed, but awake (like you got up for the bathroom and couldn't get right back to sleep) it would show as a break in sleep, not just a huge orange "awake" ribbon.

0 Likes
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is ONLY showing 1 hr 40 minutes actual sleep time (and normally records my actual sleep time quite accurately). It's simply and completely skipping the FIRST part of the night in the 'actual sleep'. It is showing nowhere & it's grayed out - it's not in the previous day, it's not on the next day, it's just not there.
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Press on the grayed out graph on the left snd you will see the analytics fir the first sleep cycle.
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So that does help! Thank you! Now Samsung just needs to track the total time of actual sleep instead of the useless number that's above the pie...
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
It us shiwing you the total time 5:49. Then It shows the time of each sleep segment separately, depending on which segment you have selected. It usually shows the last segment first, hence the 1:40 on the active graph.
0 Likes