JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature request: Please allow a manual screen lock option for the Galaxy watch 6

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
cristianrcv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi everyone!

I have been a proud owner of an SmartWatch6 for the past 6 months or so and I am really happy with it. However, I would like to request a small feature: could it be possible to add a quick panel button to lock the screen of the watch?

The screen lock feature itself is already there (which I assume is the hars part) because the screen automatically locks and requests to draw the patern (or whatever lock mechanism you have) when you take off the watch. However, there is no way to manually lock the screen without taking off the watch. In fact, a quick panel button would be great but any other mechanism to manually lock the screen would work for me (app, action assignable to button, automatic inactivity period, etc.) 

In my day-to-day life there are a couple scenarios where this would be helpful: (1) when putting on gloves to ride a motorbike I want to be sure that there is no missclick possible, (2) when playing with my kids I don't like to keep moving my wirst so that they don't touch the screen, and (3) I feel more secure knowing that there is nothing that can be accidentally triggered while I am sleeping.

I am sure there are many other use cases and other users that could appreciate this feature! 😄 I am happy to provide more context if needed but I would deeply appreciate having this feature on the SmartWatch6!

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you cristianrcv, for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you cristianrcv, for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes