JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trade-in Issue and Charged for new watch

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Tomiko1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am writing to express my deep frustration and disappointment regarding the recent trade-in process for my Galaxy Watch 5 IMEI number <hidden>. I participated in the trade-in offer to upgrade to the new model and shipped my Galaxy Watch 5, which was in excellent condition with no scratches or damage.

However, due to an error by Verizon, my watch was mistakenly reported as lost. Verizon has since rectified this mistake, and Samsung confirmed that the watch was not on any blacklist. Despite this, I was asked to provide proof of purchase, which I did, including all relevant documents from Verizon such as the agreement and pay-off detail. 

I have communicated with multiple customer service representatives, but the issue remains unresolved. <hidden> The representatives I spoke with had difficulty communicating clearly in English, which added to my frustration as I had to repeat my situation multiple times. Ultimately, I was charged for the new watch, and I received an email stating that my refund was not approved because my Galaxy Watch 5 was allegedly banned, which is not true. 

I have been a loyal Samsung customer for many years, and this experience has been extremely disappointing. I hope that Samsung can rectify this situation promptly and restore my faith in your customer service.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Tomiko1, Welcome to the Community. We understand how upsetting it is that the trade-in was not approved, and you were charged the full cost.

The community operates on a peer-to-peer support model. While our members offer valuable insights and assistance, certain inquiries are best supported by a Samsung directly.

For concerns with trade-ins, you would need to continue to work with the Samsung E-Commerce team for additional assistance. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/order-help/

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you trade with Verizon or Samsung
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Verizon reported it lost/stolen, trade-in was with Samsung, their poat couldn't have been any clearer
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well both were mentioned think more than once
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung wanted proof of purchase from Verizon, then Verizon reported it lost/stolen, Verizon fixed the issue, Samsung still saying its banned and refuse to do the refund, trade-in was with Samsung
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sure
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would get Verizon and Samsung on the same line, I only did one trade-in with Samsung and I won't do it again
0 Likes
sgt1945
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I submitted a new pair of buds3 pro for repair and they lost them stating they were sent to another address. Learned that Samsung gave out two exact repair order numbers on two different days and they lost mine and the person whom they wee sent to did not get mine or his but two other sets.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Tomiko1, Welcome to the Community. We understand how upsetting it is that the trade-in was not approved, and you were charged the full cost.

The community operates on a peer-to-peer support model. While our members offer valuable insights and assistance, certain inquiries are best supported by a Samsung directly.

For concerns with trade-ins, you would need to continue to work with the Samsung E-Commerce team for additional assistance. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/order-help/

0 Likes