Original topic:

Unable to set up LTE on my Watch 7 Ultra through Mint Mobile

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 09:29 AM)
Larryag999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am unable to get the LTE function working on my Watch 7-Ultra.  There are conflicting responses over the necessity of having a second stand-alone plan dedicated to the watch.  My provider is Mint Mobil.  When talking with them they say they do not support smart watches with only a phone plan.  So I bought a second plan (different phone number).  Mint tells me the plan is active.  They provide a QR code to link the device to the plan, but as you know there is no way to scan a QR code with the watch.  Therefor I would need to enter the connection data manually (i.e. the SM-DP+Address and Activation Code).  Samsung support agents tell me there is no way to do that using only the watch itself.  Any thoughts ?

0 Likes
11 Replies
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Watch 5 Pro. Still waiting for my Watch Ultra to be delivered but will be swapping when it comes in.

It took a while going back and forth and getting transfered to a customer service rep who knew what they were doing. They will try to convince you that you need the DIGITS plan or can only use the DIGITS plan with the Galaxy watches. Pretty much DIGITS gets it's own phone number, but it's paired with a current existing number. I didn't want that because my kids at the time use the watch while at school and I don't want my calls and messages forwarding to the watch.
0 Likes
MikenSam
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Change service provider only way as far as i know i just got my 7 ultra to and im having same issue
0 Likes