JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Use as child's watch and tracker?

(Topic created: 04-05-2023 06:27 PM)
userdXMGzuWTid
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would like to buy an LTE capable galaxy watch 4 or 5 and give it to my child to wear without them having a phone. Can I still assign a phone number to it for calls and texts and track his location with GPS? How would I look for the GPS location (what app)? Can I test this my wifi galaxy watch 4 or will it only work on one with LTE?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Jones Yeh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can only use third-part app:

GeoZilla-Find My Family

But it requires monthly payments...

0 Likes
Members_gkXdRkV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am trying to find a way to location share or locate a Galaxy watch 6. A similar question was asked by someone with the galaxy watch 5 and a moderator got on gave false info and closed the topic as answered.  Clearly nobody was happy with the answer as it has 0 likes.

I have found no way to locate the watch with location sharing or samsung smartthings. My daughter is under 13 and if forced by google into familylink.

This has put a very bad taste in my mouth for Samsung, as this should be a primary feature, and the tracking ability is assumed by most as it has GPS.

Who would have imagined that an LTE watch with GPS can not share the location or be located????

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have to have devices on the same Samsung account. Try this: go to settings on your phone, then security and privacy. In there tap on lost device protection. Then "find my mobile" will open. In there you will see a few settings and make sure "allow this phone to be found" is checked. There is a link on this page. Tap it. It will open a website with a map and your phone would be selected. In the top left corner, there is a menu (3 lines), after you tap that, it will show you other devices.

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung's "Find my Mobile" site used to be able to do that, but it was discontinued recently in favor of SmartThings.

Devices all need to be on the same Samsung account for SmartThings to find them.

If your phone is an S23 series phone, you can add your child to your Samsung account.

Here is a page on Samsung's site describing how that works. This is a new feature, so I'm having trouble finding information about it on the web. Most tech help sites still only mention the old discontinued Find My Mobile feature.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00091962/

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Nightshadez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Their is another way kinda like what Popsicle20 said but with the smartthing app simply if she has a Samsung account and you go to her smartthing app find where the watch is on the smartthing map and press the 3 icons their will be an option where one can share their location
0 Likes