Original topic:

Watch 4 Defective, Dead Pixel and Scratch

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 12:17 AM)
Servalo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello.

I recently received the new Galaxy Watch4 and right out of the box there is a dead pixel almost directly in the center of the screen. Also there is a very faint scratch on the body of the watch. I'd love to just be able to exchange it like any reasonable person would expect. Problem is, according to the Samsung website, apparently I can't do an exchange. I can only return it and reorder. But when I pre-ordered, I got the discount on the Galaxy Buds2, and if I return the order I have to return everything in the order and will lose my discount on those. (Not to mention the watch strap I want being out of stock)

This is really ridiculous. It isn't my fault that the product is defective and quality control is bad, why should I be punished for it? Is there anyone I can talk to or email about this? I care less about the scratch and more about the obvious dead pixel. Is this covered under warranty? Can I send it in to get the screen repaired?

Thank you.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had a similar issue with the battery not with the screen talk to Samsung customer service and they should be able to offer you both notes in the system and some sort of promo code that will allow you to get the same promotion that's how they did it with me
Servalo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tried to explain it that way to them and it worked. After an hour and a half talking to support I think it got sorted out. Stuff is out of stock and back ordered which is made it a real pain and confusing to the support person to get the replacement order going. But they said they would price match the replacement order to my original order for the promo deals. Really not the best to have to return all this stuff and get replacements since they don't do exchanges. Really wasteful.