Original topic:

Watch 7 awful battery drainage

(Topic created: yesterday)
user27XpOkXq85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I got my Watch 7 at July 19 and first couple of days battery life was not great but acceptable (about 24hrs). But last 2 days it is AWFUL. 70% battery lost during SLEEPING!!! My Watch 6 Classic last 30+ hours with 3rd party watchface. Now Samsung BLOCK  most cool 3rd party watchfaces to "better" battery life and now Watch 7 can't last even 24 hours!!! **bleep**???? Samsung, fix it while I am in 14 days or I will return it.

P.S. Please do not tell me that I have to wait 4-5weeks or that I have to reset my watch. Because LOT OF Watch 7 customers has THE SAME ISSUE. It is Samsung fault that Samsung have to fix ASAP.

8 Replies
coffeemugs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem!
Noobie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Could be touch sensitivity when sleeping since you move a lot while sleeping. But you can still change how much battery is wasting by going to settings >> battery >> battery usage (I don't own a watch so I'm not sure what it's called) should work a bit better
user27XpOkXq85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

And it is a problem that battery usage does not show anything helpful...5% Screen, 0.7% UI 6.0 and several other system apps less than 1%. But where is  other 60+%?

bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Here is a couple things to try: Consider turning off continuous heart rate, deleting unused apps, and turning off AOD.

Also, try rebooting your watch to recovery mode and wipe cache partition. Here are the steps:

- On your watch, press and hold the home and back button simultaneously until screen goes black. (do not worry about the power settings that will appear, ignore that)
- Once the Samsung logo appears, let go of the buttons and then quickly double-press the home button. It will give you some options.
- To go down where it says "Recovery", you want to click the home button until it highlights "Recovery".
- To select "Recovery", press and hold the home button.
- The Samsung logo will pop up and after some waiting you'll be in recovery mode. After that, you can swipe up and down to scroll through the menu.
- Scroll down with your finger and make sure that "wipe cache partition" is highlighted. To select, simply press the home button

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
tups730
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also having the same problem. Ive had mine for a week. Yesterday i charged 100% at 10am. It was completely dead when i woke up at 4am, so less than 24 hours. What good is the health/sleep monitoring if you have to turn all of it off to get the battery to last? So frustrated with this. I upgraded because the battery was so bad in the watch 6, hoped this one would be better.
tack1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch 7 40 mm. My battery dropped by 80% overnight, even after I disabled everything possible to test it. Interestingly, the first 2-3 days were fine.   I uninstalled all apps that could be uninstalled, and I disabled WiFi, location, NFC, AOD, and all sensors like oxygen level. I also set all sensors to manual and disabled 'raise to wake'.  Currently I'm  collecting data for Battery Historian to analyse.  https://github.com/google/battery-historian

user27XpOkXq85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yesterday, I completely reset my watch and setup again as new and the only thing I changed - disable Wifi. Then I charge it, put sleep mode and went a sleep. 6 hours later I woke up with 57% left !!! 43% drain for 6 hours of sleep!!! It is UNACCEPTABLE!

Breezy_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having the same issues. Using the same settings from my Galaxy watch 6 and the battery drain is absurd. Put watch on at 10 am. By noon, it has drained to 80%. So I charged. By 10pm, the watch died. This is unacceptable, Samsung.