Original topic:

Watch 7 awful battery drainage

(Topic created: yesterday)
user27XpOkXq85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I got my Watch 7 at July 19 and first couple of days battery life was not great but acceptable (about 24hrs). But last 2 days it is AWFUL. 70% battery lost during SLEEPING!!! My Watch 6 Classic last 30+ hours with 3rd party watchface. Now Samsung BLOCK  most cool 3rd party watchfaces to "better" battery life and now Watch 7 can't last even 24 hours!!! **bleep**???? Samsung, fix it while I am in 14 days or I will return it.

P.S. Please do not tell me that I have to wait 4-5weeks or that I have to reset my watch. Because LOT OF Watch 7 customers has THE SAME ISSUE. It is Samsung fault that Samsung have to fix ASAP.

11 Replies
coffeemugs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem!
Noobie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Could be touch sensitivity when sleeping since you move a lot while sleeping. But you can still change how much battery is wasting by going to settings >> battery >> battery usage (I don't own a watch so I'm not sure what it's called) should work a bit better
user27XpOkXq85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

And it is a problem that battery usage does not show anything helpful...5% Screen, 0.7% UI 6.0 and several other system apps less than 1%. But where is  other 60+%?

bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Here is a couple things to try: Consider turning off continuous heart rate, deleting unused apps, and turning off AOD.

Also, try rebooting your watch to recovery mode and wipe cache partition. Here are the steps:

- On your watch, press and hold the home and back button simultaneously until screen goes black. (do not worry about the power settings that will appear, ignore that)
- Once the Samsung logo appears, let go of the buttons and then quickly double-press the home button. It will give you some options.
- To go down where it says "Recovery", you want to click the home button until it highlights "Recovery".
- To select "Recovery", press and hold the home button.
- The Samsung logo will pop up and after some waiting you'll be in recovery mode. After that, you can swipe up and down to scroll through the menu.
- Scroll down with your finger and make sure that "wipe cache partition" is highlighted. To select, simply press the home button

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
tups730
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also having the same problem. Ive had mine for a week. Yesterday i charged 100% at 10am. It was completely dead when i woke up at 4am, so less than 24 hours. What good is the health/sleep monitoring if you have to turn all of it off to get the battery to last? So frustrated with this. I upgraded because the battery was so bad in the watch 6, hoped this one would be better.
tack1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch 7 40 mm. My battery dropped by 80% overnight, even after I disabled everything possible to test it. Interestingly, the first 2-3 days were fine.   I uninstalled all apps that could be uninstalled, and I disabled WiFi, location, NFC, AOD, and all sensors like oxygen level. I also set all sensors to manual and disabled 'raise to wake'.  Currently I'm  collecting data for Battery Historian to analyse.  https://github.com/google/battery-historian

user27XpOkXq85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yesterday, I completely reset my watch and setup again as new and the only thing I changed - disable Wifi. Then I charge it, put sleep mode and went a sleep. 6 hours later I woke up with 57% left !!! 43% drain for 6 hours of sleep!!! It is UNACCEPTABLE!

UPDATE: Watch died at 12:01PM. 12hr battery life  šŸ˜ž I have no idea how youtube testers get 24+ hrs.

Breezy_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having the same issues. Using the same settings from my Galaxy watch 6 and the battery drain is absurd. Put watch on at 10 am. By noon, it has drained to 80%. So I charged. By 10pm, the watch died. This is unacceptable, Samsung.
edzs24ultra69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung.........FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes