Original topic:

Watch for prison guards

(Topic created: 10 hours ago)
CptKelly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I love the galaxy watches. Really would love to purchase one, but I spend most of my time at work in prison. At the Florida prison, we can't have any smart watch that can send or receive text or calls. It would be awesome to make a touch screen smart watch with out that function. One that has only fitness tracking and other features. I think I speak for all people who want the latest stylish tech but don't want to purchase one only to wear it for a couple hours at most per day. Could we please get a non text, calling or camera option?
6 Replies
ekovacs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
You could get one of the small Fitbits. I had one and it was great.
CptKelly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was thinking about that, but I do like the bigger screens and for it to actually look like a watch vs a bracelet. I still might get one but it would be nice for them to make a bigger one lol.
0 Likes
ekovacs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did some research. Apparently all the Fitbits, both the small and larger ones, can only send quick replies when texting, and not actually text. However, you should do your own research and see if that would still be acceptable.
CptKelly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
@ekovacs yea I seen that as well. I wad planning on talking to my warden when ever I see him to ask was that acceptable or not. If so it's a couple options I can get. I feel like the quick reply still counts just because you can still receive a message and know what it say in order to even send the quick reply. I'll check though.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
As long as you have one without LTE and dont have it connected to your phone or wifi, it won't be capable of sending messages. If it doesn't have LTE then even if it's stolen by an inmate it shouldn't be useful to them since they would still need a functional phone.
wtupyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Could look into Withings. This is the 38mm ScanWatch 2. You cannot call or text out on it, only receive quick notifications (or turn them off for none). Does all the general health tracking (steps, floors, heart rate, ecg, spo2, temp). I prefer it over my Galaxy watch because of its 3-4 week battery life.20241012_131005_1000000825_1728768126.jpg
0 Likes