JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch3, AT&T activiation - no Numbersync

(Topic created: 08-21-2020 08:50 PM)
usery3KwQoIrYI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update August 21, 2020: Since I first posted this the problem appears to have been fixed by Timer application and Wear application updates which came on August 20. Also fixed, by those updates was the failure of Numbersync to work. It may be that August 20 was the day AT&T made the Watch3 available in its stores.b

Now, several days later, still no Numbersync.  I was told multiple times by AT&T folks that just wait a few days for the network to be updated for the new watch. 

Problem partially solved!

I could not get a phone number to show up on the watch after about 3 hour with AT&T and many resets. Finally, I did a network reset and not I have the watch phone number active and I can call to it.

However, the NumberSync just does not take.  I either says, no carrier, despite signal shown and ability to call to it, or Numbersysnc not currently available or somehting about can't get code. 

I got into this mess because I set up my watch3 with the old watch still active and I initially used the esim card for the old watch.

Update a week later. Numbersync still a mystery.  I get message "Numbersync is currently unavailable."  I tried it with the watch connected to the Cell and BT on. Same result. I stopped at a different AT&T store and was told that it was an activiation issue and that Tech Support had tools to look into both my watch and phone and fix the problem.  Needed to talk to the "subject matter expert."  They seem to be hard to find - with my previous Watch, I went to the regional main AT&T store and waited around while the right person was available and he got my Watch activiated promptly and Numbersysnc worked. 

Update, day later.  I stopped at a different AT&T store today and was told that the problem with Numbersync, is related to activation errors.  That I should call tech support and they have a tool to examine the actiation on both my Watch3 and Galaxy S9+ and fix the problems.  I have not tried this yet but hope this was good advice. He referred to the "subject matter experts."

0 Likes
7 Replies
jayquimby85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same problem. numbersync will not work i feel like I've tried everything I can call the watch directly tho

0 Likes
Solution
usery3KwQoIrYI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine started to work on August 20 after an update to WEAR application.  That was also the date I think that AT&T officially put them on sale in their stores.  I don't know what caused it to start working but I was told by AT&T that it would take time for my account information to be updated in their network.

userMCZWc5IQ09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Watch 4 Classic (46mm) came Aug 26.   Can not number sync.  "Number sync unavailable". Many hours on phone Protect (ATT) support, ATT elevated support, Samsung support, and in ATT store,  no go.  Told by Samsung to take watch to Samsung store -grrr-.  

Watch also overheats (I think when connecting LTE, or placing call on LTE). Signal is weak so watch works harder.  Watch does NOT feel hot, and indoors air conditioned.

usery3KwQoIrYI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine is arriving on Monday. I hope your problems are not systemic but just a defective watch. I understand that numbersync issues can be related to the wear app.
0 Likes
userYBcZCTVwSf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am so frustrated with my new Galaxy 3 watch. I went to the S21 Ultra and it will not number sync. I have been to the local store at least 3 times. I have had numerous calls and chats with Tech. This is truly not rocket science. I am at the point I am going to return my watch. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I just recently moved to AT&T.
0 Likes
usery3KwQoIrYI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the S21+5G and watch 3. Numbersync is working great now. Be sure the watch, phone and Wear app are all updated. I had to reset the phone ( not network) and the follow the AT&T set up process carefully to get them properly synced. I have been told that you have to allow some time after getting the watch for AT&T to propagate the configuration over their network.
0 Likes
userYBcZCTVwSf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much, I will give that a try. The only thing I haven't done is reset my phone.
0 Likes