JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wear app auto switch for watches not working

(Topic created: 08-01-2022 07:08 AM)
userxbHWJav7Uo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have enabled the auto switch in the wear app but it never changes the watch I have connected automatically. I have to manually open the app and connect the watch I am wearing. 
13 Replies
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you have the eatch you were switching from on snd in bluetooth/wifi priximity to your phone? It won't auto switch if that is the case. Try powering off the watch you are not wearing before powering on the new watch.
0 Likes
usertUXDo2xrSB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That isn't true. Both of my watches are set up for wifi and Bluetooth. It's only recently been an issue of them not auto switching. The watches auto switch when one is put on the charger and the other is put on the wrist. If both watches are on the charger, the phone stays connected to the last watch used, and will auto connect to the watch that's taken off of the charger first. This has been my experience until recently.

cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a similar issue as I switch from an Active2 to an Active4 every other month. And I do have the one I'm switching from turned off and stored away before turning on the one I'm switching to. But seems like I always have to go into the Wearable app and manually switch them.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
userxbHWJav7Uo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Bt and wifi are on. I switch watches daily one for during the day and the other for night. Having to turn off and on the watch is way too inconvenient.

It should be able to detect which one I'm wearing based on several factors.
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just switched from my Active2 to my Active4 this morning. Once my sleep data was transferred from my Active2  to Samsung Health I powered off that watch. My phone app showed disconnected from my Active2. Once my Active4 was fully charged, I turned it on. I had an update to the Wearable app so did that. Once it was finished and my watch was fully booted, it connected automatically to my phone. This is a BT only model Active4.

Maybe if you switch BT and WiFi off on the watch you're not wearing your phone will do the auto switch. If you don't want to turn the whole watch on and off.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
userxbHWJav7Uo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I appreciate the suggestion, but it simpler to go into app and pick the watch from wear app. The point is software is not working as the point of auto is it does it by itself lol.
alphamax
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have two watch 5 pro's. The black one was on charger with 100% and the silver on on my wrist with 50%. I put the silver one on its charger and removed the black one an put it on my wrist and put my phone in my pocket. Moved around the house for over one hour, but the disconnected icon never went away and in app no change either. I would have expected the feature to work within a few minutes. I have everything turned on by the way. I get around 2 day battery with light use.
userO2IFN2oHqM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem with my galaxy watch 5 and fit2 paired to my Note 10+. When I take off the watch5 and put the fit2 on, it switches normally with no action on my part. When I reverse the process, it won't switch back unless I do it manually. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Keh2593
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have two original galaxy watches and they don't want to switch anymore. If they do switch, they will switch back after a few minutes.
0 Likes