Original topic:

Wear app resets and forgets watch when travelling abroad

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Leon40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have recently bought my wife and I galaxy watch 5 pros. She has a Samsung a35, I a Motorola g73.

We went abroad last week, and the galaxy wear app on both phones reset immediately upon entering roaming. It then only offered pairing fresh to the phones. This required reinstalling from scratch, using a lot of data whilst roaming.

When we returned to the UK, the same thing happened. From what I can tell the app gets upset when Google play logs a new country. I tried the Samsung chat, and they ignored me after I asked the question

5 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Must be a glitch between those two devices.  When traveling abroad, I keep my watch4 in airplane mode and connected to my phone by BT.  I've never had to reinstall the watch to the phone.

BTW, if you are based in the UK, you might have more luck with the user forum for your region.  This is the U.S. based members forum.

0 Likes
Leon40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, the UK community is tiny in comparison (and for some reason Samsung keeps kicking me to this one!)

I'll maybe try keeping Bluetooth on next time, but our next trip is to Mexico, and I can't afford the roaming costs to restart from scratch like I had to in Spain! 

That it happened to my wife's Samsung and my Motorola, two two versions of the same watch, does imply a wearable app problem somewhere I think

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
If your watches are LTE models, turn off LTE in connections settings to always off!Screenshot_20240612_225712_telephonyui_1000013280_1718247433.png
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had no issue abroad, either in Mexico, the Caribbean or Europe.  As I said, I keep my watch connected to my phone by BT at all times.  But it shouldn't forget your watch, if you disconnect.  That would be like saying if you turn off your watch or phone, you have to reinstall your watch each time.  Reconnecting to the wear app should only require BT be on, you should not have to re-download the Wear app software. It should stay on your phone even if you don't currently have a watch connected to it.

My advice to you would be to keep your watches connected to your phone by BT and keep the watch in airplane mode when you travel and turn on BT and turn off wi-fi (the watches usually can't connect to public wi-fi networks anyway, so why waste the battery power?)

0 Likes
U22blk23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Major Samsung wear security issues
App requires wifi direct connection.
Hacker hits bluetooth on watch and turns on captive portal login.
They use windows 10 or 11 authorization to control the watch and broadcast your phone.
You cannot disconnect their wifi direct or bluetooth connection.
They can download the wear app on windows clone the watch software and mass hack any android phone.
The same goes for Iphones.
FIX THIS SAMSUNG. WHY SHOULD I OWN ANY SAMSUNG PHONE OR TABLET?
0 Likes