Original topic:

45 watt charger issue

(Topic created: 01-17-2024 04:24 AM)
Sharjeel malik
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I purchased 45 watt super fast charger from Samsung shop app and started facing issues like charger disconnecting again and again after 92% charging completes. I tries the charger on my s22 ultra, s23 and z flip 5 but all phones faced same issue. Pertinent to mention I am using original cable provided by Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is when you have difficulties charging your phone.

There are some troubleshooting steps you can try here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/issues-with-wired-charging/

If you have a defective charging block or cable, or the phone continues not charging, we recommend contacting customer support by calling 1-800-726-7864 to determine the service options.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
DrewEstes_Dev
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Unfortunately my galaxy s23 ultra is experiencing issues with the 45w charger and if I attempt to use it from 0% to 30% battery it consistently loses the power supply connection to the phone and it indicates the charge stopping over and over again and regaining the connection until the phone battery is above 30% and it stops losing connection and charges seamlessly for the remainder of time to 100% but it is very fluctuating rates of power delivery during the entire process of charging and actually never reaches the true 45w PD delivery rate. It's a misconception to think it's a true 45w charge rate and intensively quicker than the 25w version and it could be possible for the 45w charger itself to be malfunctioning. However it seems like Samsung has all the faith that it's just a functional character of the method of the super fast charging 2.0 system and nothing is going wrong with any of the elements. I disagree but I don't have a lot to do with the process of verification of functionality and everything has been checked out and cleared the functionality protocols that are set up for the testing. It is pertinent to also state that I have always used the appropriate hardware and cables rated appropriately to function as is required. Everything I use is Samsung branded and the way I test the rate of power PD delivery is via outside power identification hardware designed to be used in high level professional technician applications and are up to date and certified. So I am certain that you have a long way to come with the process of charging rates and true identification and labeling of what is being done by the actual process Samsung. I just think it was not a concern that someone would actually verify the authenticity of the charge rate and label the exact protocol of function during the process that seems to be identified as a similar protocol each charge phase form 0% to 100% resulting in no actual process of charge speed increase from the 25w system to the 45w system and simply a different application for power delivery resulting in no actual difference in the entire process overall to be a realistic application for using it. Possibly a little more functionally appropriate for the battery health but nonetheless it is not a faster system in the entire process. It's simply a different application for the protocol of functionality of power regulation and application of rate regulation.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is when you have difficulties charging your phone.

There are some troubleshooting steps you can try here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/issues-with-wired-charging/

If you have a defective charging block or cable, or the phone continues not charging, we recommend contacting customer support by calling 1-800-726-7864 to determine the service options.

0 Likes