JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Allowing location all the time for an app

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 08:26 PM)
NVKC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have an exercise app that I use to track bike rides. My frequency of riding dips quite a bit in the fall and recently that app was categorized by my phone as unused and deep sleep. I was able to tell my phone "no" on the deep sleep but when I turned location back on it only let's me choose "allowed only while in use". This is a problem because rides usually last longer than an hour and my phone is in my pocket the whole time, screen locked. How can I allow this app to use my location all of the time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It would ultimately be up to the developer of the app in question to add this option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Was the option to always allow location access there prior to the app being put into deep sleep? To the best of my knowledge, the availability of this option is app dependent.
0 Likes
Maggs33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Dependant on what though?
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It would ultimately be up to the developer of the app in question to add this option.
0 Likes
NVKC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I never checked it before that, the app just worked. I think the app needs location in the background which is where I am getting stuck. Do you know where the settings for background function are? Thank you for the help
0 Likes