JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip5 Unresponsive screen when Scrolling

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 06:47 PM)
BryanCz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Doesn't anyone who owns a zflip5 ever have an unresponsive screen when scrolling? It happens to me in random apps, like YouTube, Amazon, etc. It doesn't scroll unless I tap on the screen, wait a few seconds or i swipe the top screen. 🤔 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BryanCz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It was a software issue, the new update fixed this as of today. Thanks though, your solution does work aswell. 👍

View solution in context

4 Replies
coolcat46
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I can't scroll at times to access apps. It like freezes and I need to restart the phone to scroll...uugghh
0 Likes
BryanCz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That sounds like a software problem, though the scrolling thing does happen to me when on certain apps, I have to swipe or click the top screen for it to start working again.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello, We know how frustrating it is when your screen is not responding.

We do have a troubleshooting link that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01213974/

You can also try clearing the cache partition of the phone from the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.

Additionally, you can test the hardware through the Members app. Members app>Support>Phone Diagnostics

Please let us know the results

Solution
BryanCz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It was a software issue, the new update fixed this as of today. Thanks though, your solution does work aswell. 👍