Original topic:

Galaxy ZFlip 5 And Magnetic Cooling fan👀

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 02:25 PM)
BryanCz
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm thinking about buying a mobile gaming cooling fan for my Zflip 5 and I'm nervous as to what a magnetic, cooling plate would do to the cover screen of the device. (Currently using an open blade fan). 
Anyone have experience or knowledge of using that kind of cooling fan on the ZFlip/ZFold 5?

Magnetize to the back of the phone. 🧲 

2 Replies
SplatHenry
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yep, my Fold5 has a UAG case on it with the Magsafe built into it and I use a OEM cooling fan regularly due to the fact that this likes to get hot with the most basic of functions!! The screens have not been affected by anything else but pressure sensitivity and the cover screen still shines like a champ when I close my device! The UAG case is pretty great for connecting any Magsafe device or charger and the device gets minimally heated when I use a Samsung wireless charger due to the metal being affected by it. All in all, the case is good but expensive but if you have a Fold too then you already know that every case for this thing is expensive and they all s*ck as bad as the next so, idk, give it a shot and buy a cheap OEM cooling fan to save a few bucks somewhere, at least. Yeah, you're good, bro... you go ahead and cool off your folding brick all you want, just like I do now!! Hope this helps and if Samsung reads this, One UI 6.0 killed my folding brick and 6.1 brought it back to life so I won't kill you now like I said I would so many times in the past 3 months... you may live and see tomorrow, grasshopper

SplatHenry
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I forgot to include that you can purchase a UAG case for your brick at the company's website. I think the line of cases was called the "Plylo" or "Plyo" or something like that. I got the clear one and I've drop-tested it quite a few times and it's passed (and bounced pretty impressively!) every time! I think they ship from China so don't expect any next day delivery miracles unless you live in China...