Original topic:

Missing search icon/option

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Thorka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Missing search icon/option after the latest One UI update. Where to find it? Thank you

3 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hello! Could you describe your issue in a bit more detail? Where is the search icon missing from? A screenshot might help.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yes, that helps! It seems this may have been removed with One UI 6. I found a viable alternative though.

Download Samsung's Good Lock app from the Galaxy Store. Within Good Lock, install the "One Hand Operation+ module. Toggle it on, then select either Right handle, Left handle, or both. Within each handle, select any Short swipe of your choice, tap on that choice and you'll discover that "Finder search" is available in a list of options. Now Finder search will be available if you drag your finger from the left or right of your home screen. You can edit choices as you see fit; you may find Long swipe suits you.
0 Likes
Thorka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Before the update there was an icon/magnifying glass when I scrolled down from top ot the screen, now this magnifying glass is gone, so I don't know how to easily search for my apps downloaded to my phone.

Does this help?