Original topic:

Third party app with same functions as Samsung Messages that allows themes

(Topic created: a month ago)
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Since they're trying to get rid of samsung messages, does anyone know of a third party app that allows samsung themes to be compatible with google messages? Or have reddit thread links for some? 

Biggest reason I left Pixel back to Galaxy was for themes and customization and I'm pretty upset they're taking a huge chunk of that away. 
15 Replies
RedAceCard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Google messages that's it
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
None if you want RCS. If you don't care for RCS then none works with Samsung themes. They do have their own themes however.
RedAceCard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I understand that if you are using AT&T as your service provider. While the RCS format is a relatively new development in Android communication, it does not significantly impact our current operations.
0 Likes
Coldheat06
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Google Messages is what I use, RCS is the way to go.
Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
They are not getting rid of Samsung messages because it's tied into the watch when using remotely. Maybe down the road they may discard it but I doubt that but then again you never know with Samsung
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You can use Google Messages on all the newer WearOS watches and also the older watches that use Tizen are on life support. You can even use Google Messages and send Messages from your Tablets.
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I try to use all Samsung apps & use little of the Google apps as possible. I'm one who wished Samsung would break away from Google but I don't see that happening.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
If Samsung broke away they'd lose the Play Store. Remember Amazon with their Fire Phone? They'd lose RCS and a slew other other services and apps provided by Google. You probably use a lot more Google stuff than you realize. A lot of Samsung stuff is tied to Google APIs.
Until Google releases RCS APIs there isn't going to be any 3rd party apps including Samsung Messages that will have it. Pretty much it's no different than iMessages with Android.
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Would it be hard.... yes.... but Samsung has such a big ecosystem where as Google doesn't. It's a strange relationship between them 2 but i hope Samsung starts acting like apple in having their own OS. I remember what happened with Amazon but now they are moving to their own OS with all fire tv devices. I think that will be slow but will be successful. That could be a motivating factor for Samsung. It is sad that we only have android & ios mobile & we need more. Choice is good my friend