Original topic:

Unable to locate backup or content from old phone to restore to replacement phone

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 08:32 AM)
jeovannic
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello,

I recently received a new galaxy flip phone due to screen damage on my old phone.  I was unable to transfer the data to the new phone.  Went to T mobile for assistance was told to come to Samsung for advice.

Yesterday the wait time for someone to chat with me was 8 hours with 604 customers ahead of me.  When I was finally called back it was 4am PST when I text back at 6am the response was that wait time was 21 hours 558 customers ahead of me?

I can not find any continent or back up does anyone have any suggestions?  I have goggling all morning and nothing is working 

Many Thanks,

JC

2 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Where did store the backup of your device?
Do you still have the old device?
You are leaving out very important information !
0 Likes
MelyMom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Did you have to send your device back? In the off chance you still have your original device. The chances are that it was not backed up to the cloud, in order to perform an update you will have to take it in to a Samsung certified repair center to get them to back it up (ubreakifix), they might even have to Frankenstein the device. (Temporarily install a new screen for the duration of the backup). As far as I know, this is free. If you do happen to still have your phone, and have a ubreakifix nearby, all you have to do is create a ticket, I'd call them directly though, maybe they can help you faster.
0 Likes