Original topic:

Contacts not syncing

(Topic created: 02-18-2019 10:30 AM)
Ops
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had to update my phone to Android pie, and my watch to tizen 4 but my contacts never came over to the watch like they did before. so if i get a call or text my watch has no idea who it is.

how do I resync my contacts to allow me to see who calls or text on my watch?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
37 Replies
HaRDKNoC614
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Settings, Accounts and Backup, Samsung Cloud

Backup contacts

Open contacts

Delete all contacts

Go back to samsung cloud and restore contacts

Thank me later!

0 Likes
killertunes
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I just uninstalled the Wear app and related apps. Reinstalled the app and it wanted to reset the watch. I let it. Ran the pairing and setup again, let it install its related apps, restored a backup for the watch from Samsung and everything is working as intended now.
0 Likes
HYW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This is crazy, 

After getting the new S10, I tansferred device info from note8

First the samsung pay didnt work or show up

Now that I fixed that the contacts all disappeared

Samsung you need better interop between devices, I am a fairly tech savvy person and this is frustrating. For the non tech person they may just give up on your products.

Yes uninstalling wearables and resetting the watch for the 10th time this week got the contacts back on the watch, now samsung pay is stuck on "It may take a while, Please wait..." for hours

userft9jAFlUTo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Another quick way simply go into phone contacts go into merge contacts merge contacts to internal SD card and SIM card and that fixed mine just fine

useruRex1VZeZN
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks , worked fine for me .Thumbs up.

0 Likes
userw40SKXgrVA
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found another solution. Uninstall Gear Wear from phone and reinstall it. It might ask you to reset the watch as well. BTW, I have a note8 and S3 Frontier. 

0 Likes
usergZNyRhrLBY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I also ran into this issue, but had a different solution so i figure i would chime in here. 

my issue was with where my contacts were saved. since all of my contacts we saved to Google, my samsung account was unable to access them, and apparently this is where the contacts were being pulled from. in order to fix this i fix this issue i did the following:

-open the contacts app

-navigate to the Manage contacts option

-select import/export contacts

-export my contacts from google

-import contacts to samsung

After doing this, my contacts began syncing to my watch.

0 Likes
userZ1gAdFuKO6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found an easier solution just move all contacts to secure folder and move them back out of secure folder

0 Likes