cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bountyman34
Asteroid

IconX 2018 keeps disconnecting after multiple resets

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pretty much as the title, my pair of IconX's from 2018 keep pausing in between songs and it's super annoying. I've deleted and reinstalled the apps and plugins as well as reset the earbuds but the problem keeps persisting. I've also cleaned the sensors with isopropyl alcohol but no dice. I thought it was my phone but I switched devices and it still is acting up. They've been doing this since I bought them but I guess I got fed up enough to make a post. Right before they pause a tone comes in and then it just pauses.

Serial number is: <hidden>

Model for earbuds: SM-R140 / Model for cradle: EB-PR140

Purchased on Amazon

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: IconX 2018 keeps disconnecting after multiple resets

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please get your full model number and IMEI in a private message? Can you also provide me with the troubleshooting steps you have tried so I don't have you repeat them?

68 REPLIES 68
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are they pausing in the middle of a song or before and after songs?

Bountyman34
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry They pause in all over. Sometimes they pause in the middle of songs and sometimes they finish a song and then forget to play a song until I unpause. Although, the pausing in between one song and another has stopped and I don't remember the last time it has happened. But the frequent pausing in the middle of songs is quite annoying.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verify the following if the headphones have issues connecting to a Bluetooth device, choppy audio playback, randomly disconnects or stop playing music. 

Verify the headphones and other Bluetooth devices are within Bluetooth connection range (16 feet). The distance may vary depending on the environment.
Verify there are no obstacles, such as walls or electrical equipment, between the devices.
Verify that the other Bluetooth device and the app(s) that you are playing audio from has the latest software update. 
Unpair the Headphones

Once the above steps have been verified, unpair the headphones from the Bluetooth device and reconnect them. The example below is for a phone or tablet.

Note: Steps may vary depending on the type of Bluetooth device and software version. (Refer to the device's user manual.)

From the Bluetooth device, navigate to and touch Apps > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. For each paired device, touch Settings > Unpair.
Restart the Bluetooth device, and then check for software updates to the device and apps.
Power Off the headphones, and then On before connecting it with the Bluetooth device again.
If the headset still does not pair with the Bluetooth device, try pairing the headphones with another Bluetooth device (phone, tablet, or PC).
If the headphones are able to pair with a different Bluetooth device, the original device may require an update or may be failing.

Bountyman34
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungLarry

I have confirmed everything and verified the first part of the comment. So I went and unpaired the earbuds, restarted my phone (Honor 8 and Moto G4 Plus), deleted and reinstalled the plugin/app and updated them. I had successfully reconnected and they worked for about 10 minutes while I was walking to class but then the problem came back up again. From other forum posts within nearly identical issues, it seems like the sensor on the earbud thinks it isn't on my ear when it actually is. This may happen to be a hardware defect or a software problem. Anyways, I'm looking forward to see what else I can do next.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get you to send me your full model code and serial number via private message?

useroXlENiRSRb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi i am experiencing very similar problem.

Often times I am on a phone call and all of the sudden my ear bud shuts off, as if it is not inserted in my ear. Then I take it out and put it back it and voila, it get connected again.

Other times seems like I need to shake the earbud around a little bit and then put it back in my ear so it can get reconnected the phone call.

I've had multiple problems with phone calls and whatsapp calls.

userZBjfrg8K9F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem but the issue is the Bluetooth media audio keeps disconnecting The phone call part of the Bluetooth stays connected.  I have to keep going in and turning back on the Bluetooth media audio. Why does this keep happening?

user4TvsCHNkZO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will you help me with mine also? They too keep disconnecting after multiple resets..

user4TvsCHNkZO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will you help me with mine also? They too keep disconnecting after multiple resets..