JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

55" TV USB port does not detect upgrade files, only detects folder. HELP

(Topic created: 02-24-2023 09:55 AM)
deesigner
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

tried 2 different USB sticks with downloaded files to upgrade TV bug. neither works, USB port only finds all folders. also under OPTIONS, the choices are only for music, movies. HELP

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating not being able to update your TV. If none of the suggestions have worked from @user_ams007 Then I would recommend calling our remote management team to get them to help force update the TV. You can reach them by calling us directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for remote management. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I recommend you download the Samsung firmware update using a laptop or desktop computer, after you have downloaded the correct file, plug in the USB drive and format it to make sure it doesn't have any files on it, Next find the firmware file and the click Extract files to the USB drive which will unzip the image file to the USB drive, Then unplug your TV for a minute or so, then insert the USB drive into the USB port on the TV then plug the TV back in, Next turn on the TV and it should automatically detect the firmware image and then update your TV, you can also use the Device care menu on your TV to update your firmware automatically from the internet ,please see the attached link for support

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-the-samsung-tvs-firmware-using-a...

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/
0 Likes
deesigner
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

None of the suggestions worked 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating not being able to update your TV. If none of the suggestions have worked from @user_ams007 Then I would recommend calling our remote management team to get them to help force update the TV. You can reach them by calling us directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for remote management.