JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AU8000 50" viewing angle

(Topic created: 11-25-2021 03:25 AM)
userzuu9uz7ZeA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Based on reviews, I understand now that this TV has a narrow viewing angle, but I'm curious if it should be as bad as what I'm experiencing. 

I have my standard couch about 12 feet from the TV. At dead center, everything looks good. If I move just one cushion to the left or right I see a pretty significant drop in color and contrast.

It's most noticeable in skin tones. The entire image looks more washed out just by moving over two feet from center. My old Samsung TV was not like this.

Is this to be expected with this TV? Any other recommendations for a TV in this price range that isn't made for one person to watch all alone from a chair dead center?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I completely understand your frustration with your tv viewing angle not working properly. I would love to assist you with this issue. Is this a U.S model? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userzuu9uz7ZeA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, thanks for offering to help.

It is the US model, made in Mexico. Does that make a difference?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely see your concern. I do want to advise with this being a VA panel, the viewing angle would be narrow range. What I would recommend is speaking with our remote management team and have them remote into the unit to check make sure your panel is running properly, and they may be able to check some picture settings with you as well. I hope that can help you with a starting place. Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Likes