JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Closed Captioning suddenly stopped working after only two weeks

(Topic created: 01-13-2023 08:46 PM)
gr33nmusic
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My 32" Samsung TV is only about two weeks old. I both have vision and hearing problems. I had captions set to extra large in Magenta, and they worked fine since I purchased the TV. They worked last evening, and I set the TV to sleep. Today they do not work. I reset the tv, and they only functioned in the white in the smallest font. I played around some wt the settings, and now it won't work at all. I went into chat, and they said it was because it only would work in Samsung TV. No explanation why they worked everywhere last night. I paid close to $300 for this TV, and got a TV specifically with caption functions. My ten year old Sony Bravia's caption functions still work. There is absolutely no excuse for this failing after only two weeks. I am a very disappointed consumer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this may be frustrating but I do have some info that will help. Depending on the source there may be limitations on what will be able to use the Closed Captions while watching TV. To help get everything set up please use the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062238/

If this does not help please feel free to either send us a PM or to call us directly at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this may be frustrating but I do have some info that will help. Depending on the source there may be limitations on what will be able to use the Closed Captions while watching TV. To help get everything set up please use the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062238/

If this does not help please feel free to either send us a PM or to call us directly at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

0 Likes
gr33nmusic
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Closed Captioning was working fine last night. I can't see or hear very well, so I had closed captioning at its largest setting. This morning captions didn't work. So I turned the TV off and back on. Now they work, but only in the default color, and the smallest default size. I attempted to change   the options by going to General - Accessibility - Caption Settings, but unfortunately Digital Caption Options are not high lighted, and it says "This Function Is Not Available." Does anyone have any idea why? My Samsung TV is only 3 weeks old, but of course being 3 weeks old I can't return it. Did I make a mistake when I purchased this TV. Any suggestions welcomed.

Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have a Samsung UN32EH5300FXZA smart tv, and I have noticed that the tv's closed captioning function is only available when I have I am using the tv tuner. Closed Captioning does not work if I have it on the HDMI or Component Video inputs.
It's usually greyed out in the Sound section of the Settings Menu. When I am using the external components connected to the HDMI or Component Video I have to enable the Closed Captioning function of the cable tv box or my DVD player if I need to use it.
0 Likes