JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HBO Max Install Error 118

(Topic created: 07-06-2021 01:27 PM)
jlimauro
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello I have two UN55 smart TVs, I am unable to update or install the latest HBO Max app to the latest June 2nd version 50.3.0 and it constantly gives error  118.  It can't be my internet connection, as one is connected with wire and one is wireless. I am able to download and install other apps just fine. One tv I must use a flash drive cause of memory constraints.  HBO Max help suggested I ask Samsung support to check if there is an issue downloading the app from the app store on the TV. I have all ready restarted the tv multiple times and rest all the settings nothing works. Solution?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you able to install and run other applications?

0 Likes
jlimauro
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, like I said, I can install any other app on both TVs. Just one has the previous version installed it can run and but wont' update. Then other TV had previous version installed it won't start so I deleted it and then now won't install since the last app update on June 2nd.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can I have your TV's full model number to look further into this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jlimauro
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sure, the TV that won't install and gets error  118 is UN55MU6300 and the other that has HBO Max installed and won't update get error 116 is UN55MU630D.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It is not a compatibility issue as this TV is compatible with HBO, just want to confirm have you made sure to update the TV, also just out of curiosity have you tried to factory reset the TV and then try and install the app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jlimauro
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I know, the app worked for months until recently. For the tv with update issue (UN55MU630D) resetting the smart hub worked. After reset it showed 99mb free and HBO Max was able to install. However resetting for the tv with install issues (UN55MU6300) and memory is stuck at 0 mb.  After resetting the TV shows it has apps preinstalled and you can select for example Peacock to add to the home screen. However they are just place holders as some of the apps are not even installed on the TV, like they are on my TV that is working. So my main TV is now basically useless, something is glitched, there should be 100 mb free after resetting I think but its 0mb free. The only way I can install anything, even the things that are suppose to be preinstalled, is by using a usb drive and HBO Max install still give error  18.  Something is not right. Both TVs are on latest firmware (1290.3).

Solution
jlimauro
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It appears the multiple restarts and resets and app reinstalls caused my tv to become unresponsive. So I decided to replace the main TV board, got the correct board for the tv based on my model and version number. For about $100 ( I got the PCB board just in case), and about 10 mins later... I got a 100% working television now!! All my apps that wouldn't install before now do and work and TV is fully responsive, its great! I am posting this just incase someone else as the same issue as me. Find you model look up on youtube how to open and replace the motherboard, get correct version if available and see if that works for you it did for me.

0 Likes