JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 85 inch TV overheating

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 07:09 PM)
AustinB
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Hi everyone. I had a question about the regular 85 inch Samsung TV.

In August of 2023, we purchased the normal 4k LED 85 inch Samsung TV from Costco and it has worked fine all this time. Tonight, when turning on the TV, we noticed that the TV had (what could only be described as) two shaded bars going down on different ends of the TV. We also noticed that the bottom right corner (where the manual controls and the Samsung logo is) appeared to look like it was melting and the screen became distorted in that area. On top of all of this, it was EXTREMELY HOT. It almost burned our hands to touch and it took over 15 mins for that part of the TV to cool down. We had to unplug because we were concerned it would be a safety issue. This was very alarming with how new this TV is on top of how dangerous this is.

Is there a recall or some sort of alert for these TV'S? This is very concerning. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh no! I hope everyone is alright! Please unplug the TV and leave it unplugged. I would recommend to call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this take care of as soon as possible. You can also send me or any of the other moderators a private message with the following.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Picture of the TV screen:

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh no! I hope everyone is alright! Please unplug the TV and leave it unplugged. I would recommend to call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this take care of as soon as possible. You can also send me or any of the other moderators a private message with the following.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Picture of the TV screen: