JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Issues When XBox attached to Switcher

(Topic created: 12-11-2021 09:12 AM)
Varxtis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Im having an issue relating to having a switcher connected to a Samsung TV. Whenever I have a switcher connected to one of my Samsun TVs and my XBox is connected to the the switcher, the TV goes blank/black and then goes back to normal. Sometimes the intervals are every 2-3 minutes, sometimes it's every other second. There's 3 variables in this situation: The TV, The Switcher, and the XBox Series X. So why am I posting here and not amazon or Microsoft?

PLEASE READ all information before responding

I am 99% certain it has to do with how Samsung TVs are registering XBox input thru an HDMI switcher because when I unplug the XBox from the switcher, everything is fine. The problem is consistent with the PC input and the Switch input. Glitchy when XBox is Connected to switcher, fine when disconnected.  So again, why here and not Microsoft? I have 3 Samsung Smart UHD TVs Series 6 and up, and one LG TV. All 3 of my Samsung TVs exhibited the same issue, but does not occur on my LG. I went the extra mile to test it out at my parents place and there were no issues there either. They have Sony and LG.  This is why I'm confident it's not the switcher or the Xbox. Also, the same exact issue happens on 2 different switchers, a 2-to-1 Techole and a 4-to-1 UGreen. 

Okay, so... any thoughts? Could this have any correlation to 4K signal?

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The TV experiences the glitch even when it's on a different Input than what the HDMI Switcher is connected to. The glitch occurs while on TV Input 1 even though Switcher is connected to TV Input 2 (in visa versa). The Glitch also occurs on TV Input 1 even if the HDMI Switcher is set to a different input other than XBox. Bottom line: The Samsung TV glitches no matter what device is set to what input unless the XBox is disconnected from the Switcher.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Varxtis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SOLVED: Confirmed it was likely a 4K issue. Purchased Kinivo HDMI 5-to-1 switcher and it works great so far. No glitches on any of the Samsung TVs. Was pricey, but worth it.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Varxtis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SOLVED: Confirmed it was likely a 4K issue. Purchased Kinivo HDMI 5-to-1 switcher and it works great so far. No glitches on any of the Samsung TVs. Was pricey, but worth it.