Original topic:

Line in screen

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 02:21 PM)
useroG0rmX6MVE
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA which I purchased in 2016.  Today when I turned it on I noticed a white line directly above the Samsung logo.  It starts at the bottom and is about 6 inches long.  It hasn't been hit or been moved since it was set up.  It shows up on all inputs.  Any ideas what's causing it?  Will it get worse?  

I've enclosed a picture.20210915_170334[3509].jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I apologize for the issue with the television screen. Does this occur during a picture test? I have included the steps to perform the picture test here- 

1. Open Settings, and select Support.

2. Select Device Care, and then select Self Diagnosis.

Note: On some models, select Support and then select Self Diagnosis.

3. Select Start Picture Test. Look at the screen for any problems, and use the on-screen instructions to complete the picture test.

If the image does appear during the picture test, the next recommendation is to have a technician service the television, and we will need the image of the screen with the full serial number included in a private message using this link PM Link to look into this further. 

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link PM Link from the app, you can click on my name and select the "message" option as a method to contact me directly as well.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I apologize for the issue with the television screen. Does this occur during a picture test? I have included the steps to perform the picture test here- 

1. Open Settings, and select Support.

2. Select Device Care, and then select Self Diagnosis.

Note: On some models, select Support and then select Self Diagnosis.

3. Select Start Picture Test. Look at the screen for any problems, and use the on-screen instructions to complete the picture test.

If the image does appear during the picture test, the next recommendation is to have a technician service the television, and we will need the image of the screen with the full serial number included in a private message using this link PM Link to look into this further. 

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link PM Link from the app, you can click on my name and select the "message" option as a method to contact me directly as well.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please get back to us soon if you are still in need of assistance. 

0 Likes
useroG0rmX6MVE
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I sent you a message and still haven't heard back from you.

0 Likes