JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN55TU700DFXZA model doesn't recognize remote

(Topic created: 03-17-2024 08:48 AM)
Members_tSXppbw
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This model Samsung  does not "recognize"(?)/react to its' remote. I have to unplug this TV to turn it off; when I plug it back in the TV defaults to Samsung TV plus - displays a channel but the screen also displays the Samsung TV plus channels and wildly scrolls thru the channels. The remote does not permit accessing the apps (the apps will not display for selection); none of the buttons on the remote work with the TV. Remote cannot turn TV off - that's why I have to unplug it. very frustrating.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there, and thank you so much for reaching out to our Samsung community. I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with the TV's remote as there are a number of reasons why your remote may not be working. Some common reasons are physical damage, battery issues, pairing issues, or issues with the infrared sensor on the remote or TV.  There's a quick check you can perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault and how to order a replacement part; if needed. 

1) reset the remote - Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. 

2) Check to see if the remote is sending an infrared (IR) signal - Point the remote at the camera (digital, phone or tablet), and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.

3) replace the remote- https://samsungparts.com/collections/tv-remote-controls

Please let us know if this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there, and thank you so much for reaching out to our Samsung community. I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with the TV's remote as there are a number of reasons why your remote may not be working. Some common reasons are physical damage, battery issues, pairing issues, or issues with the infrared sensor on the remote or TV.  There's a quick check you can perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault and how to order a replacement part; if needed. 

1) reset the remote - Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. 

2) Check to see if the remote is sending an infrared (IR) signal - Point the remote at the camera (digital, phone or tablet), and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.

3) replace the remote- https://samsungparts.com/collections/tv-remote-controls

Please let us know if this helps.

0 Likes