Original topic:

990C drops off Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 05:07 AM)
Bowen71
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I’m having a couple issues, my 990C drops from the Wi-Fi network and will not reconnect.  In order to get it working again I have to delete it from the smart things app and add it back again. 

I have a Samsung TV that it’s hooked to who’s on the same network and I have no trouble with the TV and the network.  

im ready to return the soundbar and get a Bose

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello there Bowen71 and welcome to the community.  There are a few things that we can look up to get you up and running without the soundbar dropping off.  First and foremost, I would make sure that you're running the most up to date firmware on the soundbar.  Second, I would switch to a 5ghz band on your network because the 2.4 can be prone to interference from other devices on the network.

The last thing that I would suggest doing is setting the soundbar as a priority device on the network.  This can be done with your ISP.

If none of the suggestions help, please come back to us because service would be the next suggested step.  If it comes down to that, we will be more than happy to assist with getting that set up for you!

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello there Bowen71 and welcome to the community.  There are a few things that we can look up to get you up and running without the soundbar dropping off.  First and foremost, I would make sure that you're running the most up to date firmware on the soundbar.  Second, I would switch to a 5ghz band on your network because the 2.4 can be prone to interference from other devices on the network.

The last thing that I would suggest doing is setting the soundbar as a priority device on the network.  This can be done with your ISP.

If none of the suggestions help, please come back to us because service would be the next suggested step.  If it comes down to that, we will be more than happy to assist with getting that set up for you!

vivekk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello and welcome to this same problem I had with my Q900C (same device minus rear speakers).

After reading a lot on this issue i discovered a select few of us who got this problem have to update the firmware to resolve this. The smartthings app will show the latest firmware is already installed but if you go to samsung website, they have a newer version availale which can be downloaded and installed using a USB stick. This is completely solvable and easy to do as long as you follow installation instructions.

0 Likes