JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q6CR - no longer powers on with TV

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 01:02 AM)
userN0heCjF7B4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've had a HW-Q6CR soundbar hooked up to my QN82Q8FN TV for months with zero issues, the soundbar always turned on with the TV and turned off with the TV.

Starting about a month ago the soundbar no longer turns on with the TV, only turns off with the TV.  I can still go to audio settings and select the soundbar which then turns it on, but it doesn't automatically turn on with the TV any longer.

I checked firmware and am on current version 1310 for the TV, there doesn't appear to be a firmware update available for the soundbar.

What should I try next?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Look for Anynet+ or HDMI-CEC settings and make sure they're enabled.
0 Likes
userN0heCjF7B4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, confirmed that Anynet+ (HDMI+CEC) is a single setting and enabled.

It almost seems like the TV is defaulting to TV speaker output when turned off.  The TV knows the soundbar is present but for some reason keeps going to TV speaker output after being turned off.  As soon as I select the soundbar as the sound output it turns the soundbar on and everything works fine, until I turn off the TV, then when I power back up it goes back to TV speaker output.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I understand how frustrating this can be. Please try the following steps.

Turn off the Anynet+ option in the TV. Press and hole the remote Power button until the TV restarts. Then re-enable the Anynet+.

If you still have trouble, try reinitializing the sound bar.

0 Likes
userN0heCjF7B4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, tried that and no joy.

How do I reinitialize the soundbar? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Press and hold the Play/Pause button for approximately 5 seconds until the display shows INIT.

0 Likes
userN0heCjF7B4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Tried that too, still no joy.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

One more step. Try the following to make certain the Anynet+(CEC) is enabled on the sound bar.

0 Likes
userN0heCjF7B4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Nope, still turns off with the TV and doesn't turn back on.

I'd even be happy with the soundbar just not turning off with the TV and staying on indefinitely, but when I disable auto power link on the soundbar it still turns off with the TV and not back on... 

Any other ideas or troubleshooting options?

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately not. If you wouls send the serial number from the sound bar to this PM Link, I will be happy to look in to service options for you.

0 Likes