JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T Audio Drops With Atmos

(Topic created: 06-18-2020 05:12 AM)
userR0em47YRnY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm experiencing audio drop outs through the tv speakers when viewing Atmos 4K discs.  Star Wars New Hope's beginning is a prime example.  Doesn't happen with regular Blu-Rays, 4K discs not using Atmos, when selecting PCM on the player or running sound to my Q70T soundbar.  Is Samsung aware of this?  Will it be fixed in a firmware update?  I'd like to use Q Symphony, but until it's fixed, I'm using just my soundbar.  Very irritating flaw in an otherwise great setup.  Please fix this!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
user3YuqCJc34t
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Is that in the normal main menu, or in the system menu you put in a special code to open up.

Can you put up step by step instructions for the Q80T…

0 Likes
Buckeye-Tiger
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I'm having similar issues with the Q symphony working. I have a 65"Q80 tv and the Q70T soundbar. I have my cable box connected to the HDMI on soundbar and then the tv connected via HDMI ARC. it says to select the D.IN source on the soundbar and then select TV+Soundbar on the tv sound settings. if I have the tv sound setting open and then select D.IN on soundbar, the tv+soundbar option briefly shows up and then disappears. any suggestions?
0 Likes
userR0em47YRnY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I would not have the cable box going to the soundbar.  The cable box would not take advantage of the Atmos and DTS audio that the soundbar can do.  The cable box would likely only do 5.1.  Plug that into the tv directly.  If you have a blu-ray player, plug that into the soundbar.  The TV will not passthrough DTS audio, so that is the only way to get it.  You can set the TV to ARC or eARC, but that shouldn't affect anything.  If you have rear speakers, that is way better than Q Symphony, which isn't very good.  Make sure the sound mode is Standard and that the rear speaker volume is set to 4.  You will have awesome surround sound.

Buckeye-Tiger
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
thank you. Are there any other sound settings on the TV or cable box I should adjust?
0 Likes
userR0em47YRnY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Make sure pass through is selected in the TV audio menu.  This will clear up any lip synch issues.  With Standard sound mode, dialogue can be a little low.  That mode gives you the best surround sound sound though with rear speakers, so certainly use it.  You can adjust the center channel on the soundbar to a higher level it help dialogue stick out more.  I have center at 4, front at 2 (or 0), rear at 4.  I also have bass at 6 and treble at 3.  To me this sounds best with clear dialogue and excellent surround sound.  Q Symphony sounds great on paper, but I just wasn't impressed with it.  I do like the q70t bar quite a bit though.  I do have an issue where there is no audio if I use the player plugged into the bar with eARC enabled.  I leave my  TV set to regular ARC.  Started after a firmware update, so it may get fixed later and I'll switch back to eARC.