Original topic:

Q990D Soundbar Feature Request

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 10:04 PM)
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello, with the release of the new sound bar Q990D, I expected changes other than HDMI 2.1. I see there are still no drastic improvements beyond the 2021 Q950A model. We need DTS:X PRO for 11.1.4 channels, Nakamichi figured it out with their new soundbar, regular DTS:X is optimized for 7.1.4 channels, so regular DTS:X is not suitable. I expected something different from you this year, and I'm disappointed like everyone else. Do something, add IMAX, maybe DTS Neural:X, or upgrade the height speakers for better Dolby Atmos. I'm really disappointed with no desire to buy your soundbar, and I'm not the only one, take that into consideration. 

Edit: Q990D is out, it seems Samsung after all don't read our comments and don't really care, very disappointing, if you have Q950A, Q990B or Q990C you don't need to buy Q990D, and even if you don't have any of their premium 11.1.4 soundbar, buy the Q990C for almost half of the price, It is not worth to buy Q990D.

Maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell, but for now, it seems that the Q990D is just the same as thier previous models, they even raised the price so maybe it's not worth the money.

15 Replies
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

No

0 Likes
Turok1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Would love the ability to add an additional sub. Having two would be so awesome!
0 Likes
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah, but I also would love to see more features or more audio formats.

It's time that Samsung will do something new and different from their last 3 models.

0 Likes
userIcmLB49ouZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the Q950A and the Q990C, and the lower end Q910C. Also for comparison, have the LG S95QR.

I get it with the specs and agree. I do wish Samsung would do a little more with their upgrades. But it's also about what I hear. I've been running the Q950A in my home/office setup for a couple of years and I love it (watch movies, stream YouTube). The Q990C is in my sports bar basement, and I find the sound excellent. No it does not touch my main home theater setup, and no soundbar will. But, at its price point, I feel you are getting good bang for your buck. Not sure yet if I would consider upgrading to the Q990D, but I admit in the soundbar world I very much like the Samsung sound. The S95QR is great in its own right, but the Samsung has more oomph.

0 Likes
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

If you have the Q990C, I don't think you need to buy the Q990D because it looks like it will be the same soundbar without any changes.

But, if Samsung really read what we write here, they will do something different and new, I hope.

0 Likes
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Q990D is out, it seems Samsung after all don't read our comments and don't really care, very disappointing, if you have Q950A, Q990B or Q990C you don't need to buy Q990D, and even if you don't have any of their premium 11.1.4 soundbar, buy the Q990C for almost half of the price, It is not worth to buy Q990D.

Maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell, but for now, it seems that the Q990D is just the same as thier previous models.

0 Likes