JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q800c Soundbar - disable Auto Power Link?

(Topic created: a month ago)
Members_odAJQ7S
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi all.

My Sony TV unfortunately always outputs an optical signal even if turned off.  Because of the Auto Power Link feature, the soundbar turns itself on minutes after the TV is turned off.  I believe this was able to be disabled in older models, but I can't find a way to disable.

I'll have to return it if I can't as every time i power on the TV, it turns the soundbar off since it was already on.  Anyone know if this is possible?  I already tried left on the controller for 5 seconds and it didn't work.

Thanks all. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. That does sound frustrating. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate any other ways to disable the Auto Power feature in the manual for this soundbar (linked below). However, you may want to try powering off the soundbar before the TV. This should break the power link connection, and will hopefully prevent the soundbar from powering back on when the TV is powered off. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202306/20230628034200001/AH81-16776A-00_FM_HW-Q930C%20...

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. That does sound frustrating. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate any other ways to disable the Auto Power feature in the manual for this soundbar (linked below). However, you may want to try powering off the soundbar before the TV. This should break the power link connection, and will hopefully prevent the soundbar from powering back on when the TV is powered off. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202306/20230628034200001/AH81-16776A-00_FM_HW-Q930C%20...

0 Likes