Samsung home theater system HT-DB650

(Topic created: 01-11-2024 01:30 AM)
ZamaPheladi20_
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
  • Samsung home theater system HT-DB650

good morning everyone

I have the Samsung home theater system HT-DB650 , I’ve had it for quite a long time but recently it’s been faulty . Every time I switch it on it automatically shuts off but before it does so it displays the word “protection” and there’s a Smokey smell coming off at the back of the system .

how can I fix this  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! My apologies for the delayed response, I would recommend calling in directly to get this seen about. Please call 1 (800) 726-7864 to speak with someone as soon as possible. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Karendirect
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It's concerning to hear about the issues with your Samsung home theater system. The "Protection" message and a Smokey smell indicate a potential problem with the internal components, and it's crucial to address this issue promptly to avoid further damage or safety hazards.

Here are some general steps you can take:

1. Unplug the System: Ensure that the home theater system is completely unplugged from the power source. This is a crucial safety step to prevent any electrical accidents.

2. Check for Obvious Issues: Inspect the system for any visible signs of damage, loose wires, or burnt components. Pay special attention to the area where the Smokey smell is coming from. If you see any burnt or damaged parts, it's best not to attempt a repair yourself.

3. Ventilation: If there's a Smokey smell, it could indicate overheating. Make sure the ventilation openings on the system are not blocked, and there is proper airflow around the unit. Overheating can lead to various issues, including the system shutting down to protect itself.

4. Reset: Some electronics have a protection circuit that can be triggered by power fluctuations or other issues. Try resetting the system by unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for a significant amount of time (30 minutes to an hour). Then, plug it back in and see if the issue persists.

5. Professional Inspection: If the problem persists, it's advisable to seek professional help. Given the potential safety hazards and the complexity of internal components, it's best not to attempt further repairs on your own unless you have experience with electronics.

6. Contact Samsung Support: Reach out to Samsung's customer support for assistance. They may be able to provide guidance, recommend authorized service centers, or offer solutions based on the specific symptoms your system is exhibiting.

Remember, safety should always be a top priority. If you're unsure or uncomfortable with troubleshooting electronic devices, it's best to consult with a professional technician or contact the manufacturer for assistance. Attempting to repair complex electronic systems without the necessary expertise can lead to further damage or even pose safety risks.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! My apologies for the delayed response, I would recommend calling in directly to get this seen about. Please call 1 (800) 726-7864 to speak with someone as soon as possible.