JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Soundbar HW-Q990B audio disconnects from Bluetooth/AirPlay after a few minutes

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 05:42 AM)
userJjgggODZnB
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Every time I connect my iPhone/MacBook Pro via to the soundbar HW-Q990B via Bluetooth or AirPlay, it plays for a minute or two and then audio pauses.

On my iPhone, it shows that my Bluetooth is still connected to the soundbar, but when clicking the resume/play button on Spotify/YouTube/etc, it plays the audio on my iPhone, not the soundbar.

Similar issue when trying to AirPlay with iPhone, Bluetooth & AirPlay on macbook.

Setup:

- HW-Q990B (Soundbar, subwoofer, 2 rear speakers)

- Sony XR A80J connected via HDMI eARC (works perfectly fine)

I've tried:

- Factory reset

- Update firmware to latest via iOS SmartThings app (firmware version: HW-Q990BWWB-1008.2)

This isn't an issue with my iPhone/MacBook Pro because:

- No problem connecting to other devices via BlueTooth/AirPlay from even further distances (e.g. Sony headphones, UE portable Boom speaker, Sony tv, PC)

- Using latest iOS/macOS versions.

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110023/

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location