Original topic:

Soundbar audio interruption

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Setup:

Samsung S95D 65" TV, firmware 1066.2 up-to-date.
Samsung Q900A soundbar, firmware 1011.1 up-to-date.
Soundbar connection via new HDMI 2.1 certified cable using eARC ports.
TV internet connection via CAT 6A cable.
Home internet via cable ISP with 1.2 gbps download speed and gig network hardware.

Problem:
Soundbar audio drops intermittently. Interruption frequency seems to increase after prolonged usage. Interruptions are usually about 1 second but have been as long as 4-5 seconds. 

This started maybe back late in 2023 before I got the new TV. I got the new TV a few months ago and have been fighting this problem ever since.

Troubleshooting:
Switched TV audio setting to "TV sound" and audio works fine. Switched TV setting back to eARC soundbar.

Tried various TV HDMI input sources like blu-ray, firestick, and different cable TV channels. Tried various TV streaming apps. The problem persisted.

Switched the soundbar connection to a new quality optical cable. Problem persisted. Switched back to HDMI eARC connection. 

Checked all firmware versions and everything is up-to-date. Both devices are set to auto update so I don't know when the version changed on the soundbar. Other posts about a similar problem quote different firmware versions but I suspect that is due to last year's model. 

Initialized the soundbar. Did not set soundbar wifi connection but problem persisted. Set soundbar wifi and rechecked firmware. Problem persists.

My current belief is that the problem is with the soundbar.

Help
Anyone have any ideas?

I know there are other posts with a similar problem but slightly different versions of hardware.  Since there is no newer firmware versions for me to try for my hardware, did anyone try other troubleshooting steps?
2 Replies
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Does anyone know what it takes to get Samsung Support to chime in with any info or whether they have intentions to address the issue?
0 Likes
TrueDewLikeFirst
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Please update to the latest version.

0 Likes