JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TU7000 not working with Samsung Blu-Ray HT-BD1250

(Topic created: 02-14-2023 10:00 AM)
djwalters250
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

First post but I could use some help. My new 65" TU7000 is having problems with my old trusty Samsung home theater system. I hooked it up to the eARC HDMI input (#2) with a new high speed fancy HDMI cable. It sees the receiver but if I switch the sound output to it, it turns it on, sound works, then it turns the receiver off in about 10 seconds and goes back to the TV speakers. The second problem is that if I play a disc I get picture but no sound.  I've tried changing the Anynet setting, the HDMI setting, and everything I can think of.  Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

If you are having issues connecting to the eARC format, or if you’re not receiving any sound when using eARC, there are a few things you can check. For example, make sure you are using an eARC-compatible HDMI cable, such as a HEAC or HEC cable.

Disconnect all HDMI devices.
To make sure that the setup is configured correctly, it's easiest to start from scratch.

Turn on only the TV and soundbar.
Any other HDMI devices can be left alone for now. After the issue is resolved, you can reconnect and turn on any other devices.

Connect the TV and soundbar's ARC ports with an eARC-compatible HDMI cable.
After a moment, the TV will autodetect the soundbar. Examples of eARC-compatible cables include an HEAC or HEC cable. Make sure you use a cable you know is functional and in good condition.

Once the soundbar is detected, enable the proper settings on the TV.
On the TV, navigate to Sound > Expert Settings, and enable both HDMI eARC Mode and Dolby Atmos compatibility.

Update the firmware on your TV and soundbar.
If you're still having issues, make sure you have updated the software on both your TV and your soundbar.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Do you have a setting on that TV to disable the TV speakers completely? You can try an optical connection instead of hdmi to troubleshoot just to see if that helps or not.
djwalters250
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I don't see a setting to completely disable the TV speakers. The sound output options let you use the available devices for sound, one of which is the receiver, which works, but only for about 10 seconds, then the receiver switches off. I have an optical cable hooked up, and I can use that option but I can't control the volume with the remote.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
How old is this receiver? It should still control the volume with the remote whether you're using optical or hdmi.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I found that the HDMI accepts and works well with BluRay cables, external devices; the HDMI eARC or HDMI Arc is engineered more for sound and works well when adding speakers or a sound bar; I connected a Roku Stick+ into the HDMI eARC and BluRay into the HDMI and the sound stopped on the ROKU streaming/all sound. I swapped the 2 so the BluRay is connected to the HDMI eARC and ROKU stick to the plain HDMI and everything sounds great. I have found this problem occurs across TV brands. I hope this provides some insights.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

If you are having issues connecting to the eARC format, or if you’re not receiving any sound when using eARC, there are a few things you can check. For example, make sure you are using an eARC-compatible HDMI cable, such as a HEAC or HEC cable.

Disconnect all HDMI devices.
To make sure that the setup is configured correctly, it's easiest to start from scratch.

Turn on only the TV and soundbar.
Any other HDMI devices can be left alone for now. After the issue is resolved, you can reconnect and turn on any other devices.

Connect the TV and soundbar's ARC ports with an eARC-compatible HDMI cable.
After a moment, the TV will autodetect the soundbar. Examples of eARC-compatible cables include an HEAC or HEC cable. Make sure you use a cable you know is functional and in good condition.

Once the soundbar is detected, enable the proper settings on the TV.
On the TV, navigate to Sound > Expert Settings, and enable both HDMI eARC Mode and Dolby Atmos compatibility.

Update the firmware on your TV and soundbar.
If you're still having issues, make sure you have updated the software on both your TV and your soundbar.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location