JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I add a personal recipe to smart fridge?

(Topic created: 12-17-2022 08:57 AM)
Manfredjed
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had a simple question.  Can I add a personal recipe to my Samsung smart refrigerator?

I googled it, and the only specific response Was from Samsung (this forum).

The only way to see the response was to register for this site.

I went through all of the verification such as texting me secret codes.

Upon gaining access, I was immediately informed that I did not have enough “PRIVLEDGE” (yes, that is the word that was used) to see the response.

Why do I get the feeling that there is no response to be seen, that this was all a ruse to get my personal information so Samsung’s marketing department can pummel me with?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The following steps should help.

IN MOBILE (Android / iOS)

ONE TIME SETUP

1. Install SmartThings App
  2. Signin using Samsung Account
  3. Tap the "Life" tab, hit "+" button on top right corner.
  4. Install the SmartThings Cooking service in SmartThings
  5. Tap the SmartThings Cooking service card - answer a few questions to set it up
  6. OPTIONAL : Join a few communities or make your own community (Public / Private).

SAVING YOUR RECIPES (Method 1)

1. Browse through the selection of recipes either in categories or in communities.
  2.  In the recipe detail page, you can add recipes created by others, to your favorites

SAVING YOUR RECIPES (Method 2)

1. Enter your community
  2. Use the recipe builder tool to create your own recipe (OR) import a recipe using a URL
  3. Your own recipes are automatically saved to favorites.
  4. They are also in your community, which you can share with others (if public)

After you add / save recipes into your favorites, they are available in your FamilyHub as well, once you signin.

IN FAMILYHUB

1. Signin using samsung account
  2. Tap on "favorites / heart" icon in recipes you see in the "Cooking Board"
  3. Recipes will be added to your favorites.
  4. I am not sure if we can create new recipes in FamilyHub. One needs to use mobile device for this.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The following steps should help.

IN MOBILE (Android / iOS)

ONE TIME SETUP

1. Install SmartThings App
  2. Signin using Samsung Account
  3. Tap the "Life" tab, hit "+" button on top right corner.
  4. Install the SmartThings Cooking service in SmartThings
  5. Tap the SmartThings Cooking service card - answer a few questions to set it up
  6. OPTIONAL : Join a few communities or make your own community (Public / Private).

SAVING YOUR RECIPES (Method 1)

1. Browse through the selection of recipes either in categories or in communities.
  2.  In the recipe detail page, you can add recipes created by others, to your favorites

SAVING YOUR RECIPES (Method 2)

1. Enter your community
  2. Use the recipe builder tool to create your own recipe (OR) import a recipe using a URL
  3. Your own recipes are automatically saved to favorites.
  4. They are also in your community, which you can share with others (if public)

After you add / save recipes into your favorites, they are available in your FamilyHub as well, once you signin.

IN FAMILYHUB

1. Signin using samsung account
  2. Tap on "favorites / heart" icon in recipes you see in the "Cooking Board"
  3. Recipes will be added to your favorites.
  4. I am not sure if we can create new recipes in FamilyHub. One needs to use mobile device for this.

Hope this helps.