Original topic:

DW80K5050US Dishwasher Won't Finish Cycle

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 02:13 PM)
user2LEpY9VyQd
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No matter what setting of wash I put my dishwasher on. It gets stuck in a cycle and won’t turn off unless we open the door. The display doesn’t show error codes but just stays stuck in a cycle. Any recommendation would be appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can definitely understand your frustrations and am happy to help! I found some troubleshooting steps that might help with this issue you're experiencing:

1. Verify that the cycle takes longer than 3 hours.

Although this is a long process, it is important to verify that the dishwasher is actually taking longer than 3 hours to complete a cycle.

2. Check water connection.

The most common issue for long cycle times is caused by cold water. Although the dishwasher can be connected to a cold water source, it is not recommended.

If your dishwasher is connected to the cold water source you will have longer cycle times as the dishwasher needs to heat up the water to the correct temperature.

If the dishwasher is connected to a hot water source, run the sink faucet until the water is hot and then start the dishwasher. This will ensure that only hot water is being delivered to the dishwasher and it will not need to heat the water.

Cleaning performance will also be affected.

For more details, see our guide on water supply requirements.

3. Inspect the insulation material (green felt).

This may require you to remove the dishwasher from under the cabinet. This material should NOT be removed. It acts a sound insulator, and it also insulates the unit by trapping heat inside. If the material has been removed, heat will escape, lowering the cabin's temperature and extending wash cycle times.

Dishwasher felt insulating materialIf the felt has been removed, service is required. The felt will not be covered under warranty.

If the felt is still attached as well as the other steps have been attempted, service is recommended. You can either call 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864), send a private message to any of the mods here, or use the following link to locate a service center near you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes