JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Samsung recommend to use a surge protector for its refrigerators?

(Topic created: 08-19-2022 10:21 AM)
userltOtn01Q8l
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung refrigerator model RT38K5982SL. I would like to know if it is a good idea or if Samsung recommends to use a surge protector. A surge protector that is designed for home appliances with motors.

There are a lot of power issues where I live. Essentially, all my electronic devices have either a spike protector or a voltage regulator with spike protection except the refrigerator and washing machine (washing machine is unplugged when not in use). But can't unplug the fridge!

Can someone help me out? Thank you in advance

2 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hello. While I don't have an exact answer for a Samsung refrigerator, I did some research and from what I can see, using a surge protector with a refrigerator in general isn't recommended as surge protectors generate too much heat and may cause the refrigerator to shut themselves down due to temperature and current overloads.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userltOtn01Q8l
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for your reply Rydah. What you said is something important to take into account. Thank you.

One would think that a surge protector specifically designed for a home appliance (washing machine, fridge, etc.) that has a motor, wouldn't have this overheating problem.

0 Likes