JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Every Chef Collection Kitchen Appliance has issues and Samsung won't Cover

(Topic created: 02-09-2022 09:55 AM)
userDnhH0gjFhJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We took delivery of our appliances in June 2017, bought the extended warranty from Lowes, have used it numerous times and now out of warranty and Samsung won't cover repairs.

Refrigerator, RF28K9380SR - [edit] Had the ice maker fixed with warranty.  Water now runs down the back of the fridge onto the bottom and freezes we need to break and remove monthly.  Called Samsung and they will send someone out but I need to pay labor.

Range - ne58h9970ws/AA - [edit] Under warranty had someone come to adjust temp.  Range started acting up again.  I placed a probe in oven and its temp moves all over.  When set at 325 Oven will be 310 on Bake and 390 on roast!!  Chef Collection???

Dishwasher - dw80h9970us – [edit] Under warranty had all the racks replaced because they were rotting and rusting....  Now the top rack the rubber mat is disintegrating.   Also, it will beep  not run, beep not run and you hope and pray it eventually will start washing dishes.

Microwave - me21h9900as, [edit] Stopped working and we were told to unplug wait and replug.  It does work but we have to do that monthly too.  Personally we replaced the moister sensor in the microwave due to an error...

We spent a ton of money on these, and I see other people are having the same issues.  The appliances are defective.  I would like a credit or replacement appliances because they are going to keep breaking...  

Please help.  I sent an email to support@samsung.com and no one has replied.

6 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good afternoon, sorry to hear. We understand its frustrating when our appliances fail, whether in-or-out of warranty. Samsung offers the full one year manufacturer's warranty from date of purchase to cover the cost of any repairs that may be needed. If a unit falls outside of this warranty period, then the cost of repair would then fall on the owner. As the warranty period for your units have expired, you are more than welcome to seek 3rd party repair options or you can call us at 1-800-726-7864 to discuss your out of warranty repair options.

userDnhH0gjFhJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We spent over $6000 on these appliances and they haven't even lasted 5 years!  Our range is the Chef Collection which is supposed to be high tech precise cooking and I can't even get the correct temperature....   I'm having the same issues with my appliances that others have reported, which meant the item have defects.  Parts are failing.  It should be like a car with a recall.  When the manufacturer realizes that something is defective, the manufacturer repairs it for free.  Please help.  I can't buy new appliances and I can't even cook in my oven without undercooking or burning my food.....

userrZAMWhqckG
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am finding out more and more that Samsung DOES NOT stand behind their faulty design and tries to force people to keep unrepairable, defective products. Tons of lawsuits and news stories about them popping up everywhere. There’s a FaceBook group out there trying to hold them accountable that ghastly close to 100K subscribers. 

useroLy856uQ12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our Samsung appliance package is practically new also. Fridge/freezer not cooling all of a sudden and fear I might be paying a couple hundred just to diagnosis this thing. Who knows if it can be fixed or if parts can be found. Samsung help online essentially asked me to check to be sure it's got power. Like I don't know how to plug-in a fridge. Can you believe? Now we know why they offer just a one year warranty - at year two and three, their appliances fall apart. Samsung is a complete disappointment. Will not be purchasing again.

useroLy856uQ12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We cannot get Samsung to honor a warranty. Dozens of phone calls and no progress on my two year old fridge with parts, drier and compressor, that can't be repaired and are under 5 and 10 year warranties. They will not honor warranties. Do not buy from them again...we won't.

useroLy856uQ12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Filing a complaint with the BBB for good measure. Samsung has stopped returning our calls or emails for this clear warranty issue.

Gee, what great customer service. Our last Samsung product of any kind.