NE63A6511SS glass oven door shattered randomly

(Topic created: yesterday)
usereZ4b7wZKB1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, finished making my kids some macaroni and cheese on the cooktop about an hour ago.  My wife and I were unloading the dishwasher and putting dishes away about a half hour ago and heard a loud pop behind us.  We turned around and saw the glass oven door spiderweb shattering right in front of us.  It’s weird because neither the outer layer on the front of the door or inside the door appears to be cracked and no glass appears to have fallen out yet but the door does not feel stable anymore and feel if the door was opened to put food in or take it out the shattered glass would fall out onto the floor.  Just spent the last half hour trying to figure out who to contact to get this fixed as the oven is still in its 12 month parts and labor warranty.  Finally got a service appointment scheduled for next week, considering the shattered glass is internal and there is literally no external damaged to the stove I dare them to try to say I’m going to have to pay to get this repaired.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ramids
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is the same model of my Samsung electric range and the glass top simply cracked and it was obvious that the crack was from within. We had someone come from sears to look at it and we were told we dropped something on it. I was so furious with the technician. There is a difference between heat crack and something dropping on a glass. In any case, these Samsung range cracks are a pattern. Something is wrong with their product and they need to fix it!

0 Likes
Ramids
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

IMG_2816.jpeg

IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

0 Likes