JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Oven not connecting to network

(Topic created: 06-27-2023 01:01 PM)
Ryry215
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My new oven allows me to go through the process in the smart things app but my wifi router is greyed out. It won’t even let me choose it as an option. I’ve got the newest panoramic wifi, and have been able to hook up to Samsung TV, Google nest, Etc with no problems. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to connect your oven. If the steps @
JBTechfanatic provided do not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to our dedicated SmartThings team for further assistance. They will be able to walk you through the connection process, and troubleshoot any issues along the way. You can reach them directly by calling 1-866-813-2404.

View solution in context

2 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The problem is you need to connect to your 2.4ghz network with a wpa2 not WPA3 network. Make sure you mobile device is on this network also and in your phones wifi settings only have auto connected switch on for that band only during Set-up and shut mobile data off. Log into your router and change the security to wpa2 then reboot your router and phone and stove and start setup again. Once you set it up you can change your router back to the option that allows for wpa2 and wpa3 just not during. Also make sure your router is set to allow new devices to connect and that you have not reached the limit of itemsScreenshot_20230627_131717_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230627_131748_Chrome.jpg
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to connect your oven. If the steps @
JBTechfanatic provided do not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to our dedicated SmartThings team for further assistance. They will be able to walk you through the connection process, and troubleshoot any issues along the way. You can reach them directly by calling 1-866-813-2404.