Original topic:

RF27T5201SG/AA

(Topic created: 06-14-2024 03:47 PM)
KMH97
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung RF27T5201SG/AA has had the usual ice maker problems that occur.  But now, I have a new problem.  The ice maker bin does not fit tightly so it does not seal around the front of the bin.  Warm air gets in there.  It seems like something is in the way but I have looked and thawed it out.  The bottom part of the bin fits fine but the top does not click into place.  I am sure the bin is not meant to be taken out and reinstalled every couple of days.  I am wondering if any one else has this problem? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is your refrigerator still under warranty?  Ice maker bins can be taken out on a regular basis with no harm, that's why they make them removable.  It's pushing them back in carelessly that damages them.  If the bin is coming apart, yes, you will have to buy a new bin.  If you are buying a new icemaker unit, you may be able to buy the complete unit with the bin included.  Even if the bin were not coming apart, I would buy a new bin with a new ice maker unit, just to make sure everything was new.  You might want to call a repair service to do the replacement.

View solution in context

2 Replies
KMH97
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

it looks like the front of the bin is coming apart and had been glued together. I'm sure numerous times pulling the bin out has weakened that.  now on top of buying a new ice maker I am also going to have to buy a new bin?

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is your refrigerator still under warranty?  Ice maker bins can be taken out on a regular basis with no harm, that's why they make them removable.  It's pushing them back in carelessly that damages them.  If the bin is coming apart, yes, you will have to buy a new bin.  If you are buying a new icemaker unit, you may be able to buy the complete unit with the bin included.  Even if the bin were not coming apart, I would buy a new bin with a new ice maker unit, just to make sure everything was new.  You might want to call a repair service to do the replacement.