Original topic:

Range Griddle Sticks Constantly

(Topic created: Sunday)
jhufford
Constellation
Options

How do I make the griddle actually useful? I've thrown out 9 pancakes because they've all stuck to the griddle SO bad. I've tried med/high heat (per the batter directions), low heat, and using vegetable oil on the griddle. No matter what I try, I can't ever seem to take food off of it. What's the trick to preventing everything from sticking to the surface?

I have the Samsung Slide-in Gas Range with Smart Dial (Model: NX60T8711SS/AA)

4 Replies
userJRARp0Xshi
Constellation
Options
P9ppppp0Ʊppp80poppppƱpp p p por favor gpƱppppp
0 Likes
userJRARp0Xshi
Constellation
Options
Ppp
0 Likes
userJRARp0Xshi
Constellation
Options
Po
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is this a gas range with a griddle "burner"? Is it cast iron? may have to season the griddle the way you do a frying pan. If the griddle plate is removable remove it, oil it up and Wipe the excess, then put the griddle in your oven at 500 degrees.  If your oven doesn't go that high, use the highest setting) and bake it for 1 hour. After that time, leave it sit in the oven to cool. Once cool, wipe off any excess oil (DO NOT WASH) and replace the griddle in its saddle. If the griddle is not removable, you can oil it up and turn the burners on high for at least 1/2 hour and then turn them off and let the griddle cool before wiping it down. Again, do not wash. If you have cast iron, it's best to wipe it down and lightly oil it between uses, rather than wash it. If you must wash it, use a mild dish soap and make sure it's thoroughly dry and leave it with a very light coat of oil. When cooking, heat the griddle first before adding any oil/fat and wait for the oil to heat before adding food. Don't use the griddle only for pancakes, the more you regularly cook with it, the more seasoned it becomes.
If it's supposedly a non-stick surface, you don't have to do any seasoning, but lightly oiling the surface before you cook won't hurt. Heat on low til the plate is hot before adding your batter then adjust heat accordingly. Always remember, the first pancake is for the pan--meaning it will be messed up until you get the settings right.

0 Likes