JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recall needed for dishwasher LC error code

(Topic created: 09-03-2022 08:01 AM)
userZTGQzLkx1U
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is my second dishwasher,DW80K7050UG, that keeps throwing the error code LC. The first had no leaks and could not stop the code and now this second one is doing the same thing. I have to uninstall the unit from under the counter to unplug it or it will continue to constantly run the pump and flash. Completly uninstall it and not one DROP of water is there. I have been without a dishwasher for months waiting on a service tech, it will work a while and do the same thing again. It is all over the internet forums as a complaint with this dishwasher and the technicians even have it in their handbooks how to try to get the censor raised to stop issue because this is a very prevalent problem with this dishwasher without a solution. All the representatives can say is, "out of warranty" or "call Lowes." 2 dishwashers identical in 4 years being declared unrepairable due to an LC code flashing and not one DROP of water when the unit is pulled is not coincidence! Samsung needs to repair this problem. We waited and waited for a sale to be able to afford the original one and a matching refrigerator,  thinking Samsung was a quality brand and now with inflation, cannot even afford a better brand, yet  when I asked if this issue has been solved, Samsung reps deny this is even a problem!! Why is Samsung not addressing this? Why are they not updating this unit even?  Why do they have it to where you cannot even turn off the breaker and turn it back on or reset to make the unit stop flashing and running the pump constantly  without COMPLETELY uninstalling it from under the counter and unplugging it? These units need recalled and us customers cannot even get them to hear us!! Buying a dishwasher every 2 years because they will not stand behind their unit is not something a common hardworking family can afford!!! So disappointed and STRONGLY advise to everyone to not even think of purchasing a Samsung product!! I have the refrigerator from them that had to be repaired only a year 1 1/2 years old, to which also they said their famous, "Out of warranty" phrase. You buy their stuff and once they have your money, do not think they stand behind their product.  Their customer support is useless and the higher up people cannot even be contacted.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello there, I can certainly understand your concern and frustration with getting this same error code on multiple dishwashers. It sounds like you've already been through all the troubleshooting steps we would recommend for this issue. The next step we would recommend is service. Since you stated you are already in the process of getting a technician to service the dishwasher, we would advise to proceed with that service. However, you always have the option of reaching out to any of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance. We would be happy to look over your case, and assist you in any way possible. We appreciate your patience with this, and look forward to getting this resolved soon. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Squidly
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Most units are installed with the plug and outlet under the kitchen sink. If it needs recycled with a power off and you don't have it on a accessible plug use the breaker to cycle it on off. I have a standing rule. The more bells and whistles the more can go wrong. So I tend to buy plain.
See if you can have the electronic panel replaced rather then the whole unit. Sometimes the factory gets the defective part and the parts warehouse has good parts. . These defective failures are not limited to Samsung.
0 Likes
Squidly
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Oh. My background is 24 years in apartment building management and I have worked on and repaired dozens of appliances and brands.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello there, I can certainly understand your concern and frustration with getting this same error code on multiple dishwashers. It sounds like you've already been through all the troubleshooting steps we would recommend for this issue. The next step we would recommend is service. Since you stated you are already in the process of getting a technician to service the dishwasher, we would advise to proceed with that service. However, you always have the option of reaching out to any of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance. We would be happy to look over your case, and assist you in any way possible. We appreciate your patience with this, and look forward to getting this resolved soon.